Oh those mug cakes. How I love thee! Thou art the joy of my morning. Thou make my heart and stomach rejoice. Happy am I that google hath thee in multitude. Here is my ode to thee, oh mug cakes!
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon* baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon* baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon (½ oz/15g) butter, cold
- 1½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar*
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave safe mug mix together the first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, rub together the streusel ingredients with a fork until butter pieces resemble bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of muffin batter, spreading out evenly across the surface.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until it is firm to the touch on top (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary).
- Enjoy immediately!
I didn’t have blueberries so I cut up three nice big strawberries instead. It was heaven.
- 4 pounds of drumsticks and/or wings
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ Cup low sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari sauce
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to create sauce
- Add drumsticks/wings to a 5 qt or larger crockpot.
- Pour the honey mix onto the drumsticks/wings and mix well.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours. After 2 hours give the drumsticks a toss to coat in the sauce again. Cover and continue cooking.
- Once fully cooked, remove drumstick/wings from the crockpot and place on a baking pan that is lined with foil and has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the drumsticks/wings from the oven and turn them to the other side.
- Broil the other side for 2 minutes or until browned. Watch very carefully they may not need as long depending on your oven. This step is optional but gives the chicken a better texture on the outside.
- Serve. This is great with some steamed rice!
We do love chicken but 4 pounds is honestly just too much. I had only a pound and a half (6 drumsticks) so I again halved the recipe. I also used garlic and ginger powders instead of fresh ones.