I think, I am getting obsessed with mug meals. But then what is there not to be obsessed with? Fast, delicious and only one dirty dish to wash. Today in the morning I wanted something with banana and peanut butter, something somewhat healthy and preferably fast. Found it! It is Peanut Butter and Banana Mug Cake.
I have a feeling, I am going to be cooking three different mug cakes for breakfast tomorrow for Martin, his son and myself. Maya doesn’t eat breakfast. She drinks her milk and that’s it. We tried almost everything, she doesn’t want it so we gave up for now. Maybe, she will have some of the cake tomorrow. Will see.
- ½ medium banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ tablespoons (30g/1oz) oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a large microwavable mug mash the banana with a fork
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg whites and vanilla
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and gently stir in until combined
- Microwave for 45 second- 1 minute or until it is firm in the middle (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Top with some more sliced banana and enjoy warm
I used the whole egg instead of just whites. I didn’t have oat flour and as it was morning and I was feeling lazy I didn’t even use the blender to blend oats. I simply used 4 tablespoons of steel cut oats. And as I was craving something sweet, I added about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.