On Thursdays I go to the Head Office to drop off signed cheques, maintenance and pick up invoices with new cheques. I like Thursdays as they give me some sort of a breather and a change of scene. Since I can come home a bit earlier I have a chance to cook something that might require a bit more time. Today I chose to sit on the couch and watch a movie instead. And then I cooked dinner 30 min before I had to go and pick up Maya. Did I tell you I love Thursdays?
Today I cooked Chicken breast with cheese crust. The recipe is from the Russian website so I will do my best to translate it for you. You will definitely need is a non-stick frying pan. Mine sucked so the second chicken breast that I cooked didn’t look appetizing at all. It tasted great but looked.. khm.. not so much. So make sure you have a great pan.
Ingredients (for two portions):
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheese, preferably Parmesan
- 2 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs flour
- Tenderize the chicken breast until it is quite thin.
- Add some salt.
- Shred the cheese and add bread crumbs. Mix them together.
- Put flour on a separate dish.
- Beat the egg and also put it on a separate dish.
- Heat up the oil in the frying pan on medium high.
- Drench the chicken breast in flour.
- Then soak it in the egg.
- Put it on top of cheese and breadcrumbs’ mixture. Press slightly, turn and press again.
- Fry in the pan for 3 minutes on each side.
I used ready made bread crumbs with Italian seasoning. If you have regular ones, I would recommend adding a bit of garlic or onion powder and dried herbs like oregano and thyme.