Yesterday was hectic. My 8 year-old step son was over and we were outside almost all day so we ate out. On a different note, Maya now is obsessed with toy guns and makes a “shooting” noise when she is holding a water gun. I can’t believe it. My daughter likes guns. Martin loves it 🙂
I do not know about you but I usually have little to no time for my breakfast. I know, I know. It is supposed to be the most important meal of the day bla-bla-bla. I would rather sleep for an extra 15 min than spend that time on eating breakfast. So in the struggle sleep vs breakfast, sleep has never lost. Now there is no need for a struggle anymore. I can have both!!!!!
Today I have a 5 min breakfast for you. Or snack. Who cares when it is delicious. Did I mention there is peanut butter in it? And 4 more easy ingredients? This is my new breakfast of champions – Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 TBS sugar free peanut butter
- 1 TBS sugar substitute
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large free range egg, beaten
- sugar free chocolate syrup
- diabetic vanilla ice cream
- sugar free low fat spray cream
- Spray a 10 to 12 ounce microwaveable mug with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the cake ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and well combined. Pour into the prepared mug.
- Microwave for 60 to 65 seconds, or until th centre is set completely. (My microwave takes about 50 seconds.)
- Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with your favourite garnish and enjoy!
There is not really much to change about this dish. It is perfect in its simplicity. I used 1 tbs of brown sugar and a little bit of vanilla sugar instead of vanilla extract. That’s it. I used chocolate syrup to garnish and it was one of the best breakfasts ever. I am addicted now.